Let's get involved!
In the keynote lectures we get new input, and we don't want this to go to waste. That is why we have planned discussion rounds at the end of our network meeting. Therefore, we have planned discussion rounds at the end of our network meeting, which will take place in parallel and in small groups. These are to focus primarily on the topics of the main presentations, but if there is interest, we can also offer discussion groups on other topics. In these discussion rounds we want to discuss
- What the information on the respective topics means for us in the Max Planck Society
- Which concrete measures and actions can be derived from it and
- What we, as the Max Planck Sustainability Network, can contribute to this
We need moderators for these discussion groups. The tasks of the moderators are:
- No preparation, no presentations necessary
- Moderation of the discussion (who speaks when)
- Ensuring that someone takes notes
- Briefly present the results of the discussion to the other participants (you can choose whether it is in German or English).
Please indicate in your registration whether you would be able to moderate a discussion group, and if so, on what topic.
The ideas and results should not be misplaced, so each discussion group needs a secretary. The tasks are:
- Take notes online using the ownCloud links below.
- At the same time, share the minutes in ownCloud with the others via screen ("screenshare"), so that everyone can see what is is being documented.
- List the participants of the discussion groups.
- Documentation of the respective discussion
If you would like to be a minute taker, please let the moderator know at the beginning.
Group discussions will take place in breakout rooms within Zoom. Please note the room number for this purpose.
1 Sustainable Constructions
Moderator: Michael Czisch, MPI of Psychiatry, Munich
Moderator: Jakob Schweizer, MPI for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems, Magdeburg
3 Biodiversity in Architecture I: Green Roofs and Facades
Moderator: Kathrin Beck, Max Planck Computing & Data Facility, Garching
4 Biodiversity in Architecture II: Outdoor Green Spaces incl. Gardens
Moderator: Sophie Kirkman, MPI for Intelligent Systems, Stuttgart, Germany
5 Bird Protection
Moderator: Axel Krikellis, MPI for Ornithology, Seewiesen
Moderator: Evelyn Medawar, MPI for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences, Leipzig
7 Bike Sharing
Moderator: Andreas Voigt, MPI for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems, Magdeburg
8 Waste Separation
Moderator: Judith Ebert, MPI of Biochemistry, Martinsried
9 CO2 Emissions in Science
Moderator: Benjamin Schiffer, MPI of Quantum Optics, Garching
10 Communication in MPSN
Moderator: Martin Spitaler, MPI of Biochemistry, Martinsried
Moderator: Moritz Hertel, MPI for Ornithology, Seewiesen